The Preliminary Achievement (PA) Guarantee will apply for senior secondary students in 2022, in recognition of the challenges that have been presented by COVID-19.
The Preliminary Achievement (PA) Guarantee is a way that TASC supports students who, based on their internal ratings, are not on track to achieve a result of Satisfactory Achievement (or higher) in TASC accredited courses.
The PA Guarantee – Quick Look
The Preliminary Achievement Guarantee:
- is designed to support students who are finding their courses particularly challenging
- applies to courses with external assessments where students are expected to demonstrate their knowledge and skills under pressure in a time critical environment, such as written exams, oral exams, performances and presentations
- applies to students who sit their exams, and are ‘tracking towards’ at least a PA.
The PA Guarantee does not:
- apply to assessments where students prepare their external assessment work throughout the year, with support from their school
- guarantee students an award of Satisfactory Achievement or higher
- apply to Level 1 or Level 2 courses
- need to be applied if a student achieves a PA on their own.
Factors informing whether a student is ‘on track’ to achieve a PA:
- The minimum number of C’s required for a PA in the particular course.
- The student’s internal ratings [the number of C’s (or above) achieved].
- The criterion for which the internal C’s (or above) were achieved.