Each candidate must follow this rule about the conduct of external assessments arranged by or on behalf of TASC.
(a) Each candidate must attend an exam in person.
(b) A candidate must not allow any other person to attend an exam in his or her place.
(c) A person must not help any candidate to arrange for any other person to attend an exam in the candidate’s place.
(d) A candidate must obey any instructions or directions given in the exam room by a supervisor.
(e) No candidate may leave the exam room before the end of the first hour of the scheduled writing time.
(f) No candidate may leave the exam room in the last half an hour of the scheduled writing time.
(g) Except with the permission of the supervisor, no candidate may occupy a seat in the exam centre other than that assigned to the candidate.
(h) No candidate may communicate with any other candidate in the exam room.
(i) A candidate must not bring into the exam room any loose notes, papers, manuscripts, books or notebooks or other materials unless these are listed in the TASC requirements for this exam. A candidate must put any such books or notes that have accidentally been brought into the exam room in the section of the room that has been set aside for this purpose.
(j) A candidate must not, during an exam, give assistance to another candidate or, through lack of care, allow another to copy or otherwise use any materials; or accept help from another or, dishonestly or unfairly use any materials or, in any manner whatsoever, act dishonestly or unfairly or cheat or conspire to do so.
(k) A candidate must not remove any answer booklet, used or unused, from the exam room.
(l) A candidate must not bring any of the following items into the exam room:
- electronic dictionaries and/or spell checkers
- subject specific reference books/dictionaries (exception – languages [dictionaries])
- programmable (computerised) watches or devices (For example, Apple watch, iPods / MP3 players / mini disc or CD players, laptop computers/PDAs, iPads, tablets or similar devices;
- recording devices of any kind
- electronic storage media (USB drives or other proprietary memory cards)
- mobile telephones
- any intoxicating substances
- any loose notes, papers, manuscripts, books, computer discs or notebooks unless their use during the exam has been permitted
- pencil cases or pencil bags – pens and pencils must be in a clear sealable plastic bag or clear pencil case
- any food or drinks (other than water) unless expressly given permission by TASC.
- Note: Water may be brought into an exam room provided that the water is in a clear plastic bottle that has no adhesive labels and has a pop-top lid. The bottle is to be a maximum of 1500 ml capacity and is not to be refilled or shared with other candidates during the exam.
- A candidate may not bring into an exam room an approved and permitted calculator or any other form of electronic device that holds text or other information that if brought into the exam room in any other way would be a breach of section 2 of this rule.
(m) A candidate must not present for external assessment under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
(n) A candidate must not cause any nuisance, annoyance or interference to any other candidates. A candidate who does not obey an instruction given by the supervisor to stop any nuisance, annoyance or interference to any other candidates will not be allowed to complete the exam and will be required to leave the exam room immediately.
(o) A candidate must obey and observe any instruction relating to these rules given by the supervisor.
(p) A candidate must stop writing when given the instruction to do so by the supervisor.
(q) At the end of the exam each candidate must stay silent and in his or her place until told, by the supervisor, to leave the exam room.
(r) A candidate must not communicate with an examiner, either before or after an exam or during a performance exam, except when communications are necessary for the conduct of the exam. Any communication regarding the conduct or result of an exam must be directed to the Executive Officer of Tasmanian Assessment, Standards and Certification.
(s) A candidate must not cause any interference or damage to property at a venue where an exam is being conducted.
(t) A candidate must not write or draw anything offensive in an answer booklet, nor write letters or notes to the examiners.
(u) Candidates detected with any device defined in (l) upon the direction of the supervisor, surrender that device for inspection. Any confiscated device will be retained, pending an investigation into the alleged breach of TASC rules.
(v) Candidates must not remove any response material, used or unused from the exam room.
(w) All candidate watches must be removed and placed at the top of the candidates table where they can be clearly and easily seen by a supervisor.