Special provisions for TCE exams ensure all students in Tasmania are treated fairly and equitably
You can apply for special conditions to be considered for your exams if you have:
Each application is considered individually and based on evidence provided to TASC.
Special provisions can include:
- extra time
- use of medication
- access to a reader or scribe
- permission to move around or leave the exam room under supervision
- alternative format papers for vision and aural impairment
- provision of advice to markers about spelling, grammar or poor handwriting
- borderline consideration
TASC does not provide special provisions for students based on
- lack of familiarity with the English language
- normal exam stress, unless a request was supported by medical evidence about a chronic condition that is undergoing ongoing treatment.