Courses accredited by TASC are intended for study during senior secondary education. In some circumstances it may be appropriate for students to extend their learning in a specific area of strength by enrolling in a TASC-accredited course prior to Year 11. Approval by TASC is required to formally* enrol students in a TASC-accredited course prior to Year 11.
*A formal enrolment indicates that the school has provided enrolment information to TASC, the school will participate in quality assurance activities and will provide internal ratings to TASC by the due date. TASC will issue the relevant qualification to the student upon successful completion of the course.
More information is available in the Enrolment of Pre-Year 11 Students in TASC-Accredited Courses policy.
How to apply
An application to TASC must be made for a formal pre-Year 11 enrolment in a TASC course. Applications are made via TRACS. An application form and relevant evidence is required for each course.
Step one: Complete the application form – Pre-Year 11 Enrolment in a TASC-accredited course.
The application form must be completed by a relevant member of staff and endorsed and signed by the principal.
The application requires additional supporting documentation including a:
- list of the student/s who are applying for a formal enrolment in a TASC-accredited course.
- rationale statement for each student, evidence demonstrating the student’s particular strength or ability in the relevant area of study and their preparedness for the course, and their pathway intentions.
- intended communication for students and their parents/guardians or carers outlining requirements specific to senior secondary education requirements (draft templates available below).
Step two: Submit the application form via a TRACS ‘Pre-Year 11 Enrolment’ communication.
Step three: Inform students and their parents/guardians of the outcome of the application following advice from TASC.
When to apply
Applications for pre-Year 11 enrolments open at the start of Term 4 of the year preceding the enrolment year and close at the end of February of the enrolment year.
Students and their parents/guardians or carers must be made aware of that a formal enrolment is not guaranteed until approval from TASC is provided.
- TASC – Policy Statement – Enrolment of pre-Year 11 students in TASC-accredited courses
The policy statement includes two attachments:
Attachment 1: Examples circumstances in which students may benefit from senior secondary studies prior to Year 11
Attachment 2: Information for students, parents, guardian and carers
- Application form – Pre-Year 11 Enrolment in a TASC-accredited course
- Example rationale statements (below)
- Example 1: Content for correspondence to parents/guardians or carers – pre-Year 11 Enrolment in a TASC Level 3 course
- Example 2: Content for correspondence to parents/guardians or carers – pre-Year 11 Enrolment in a TASC Level 2 course