The Office of Tasmanian Assessment, Standards and Certification (TASC) is an independent statutory office responsible to the Tasmanian Minister for Education and Training.
TASC is responsible for the development of appropriate standards, the accreditation of courses, and the assessment and certification of student achievement in senior secondary schooling across all educational sectors in Tasmania.
What we do
- Accredit courses for senior secondary education in Tasmania.
- Ensure that certification of qualifications meets approved standards.
- Provide advice to the Minister for Education and Training on matters relating to senior secondary qualifications.
- Guide strategic planning for senior secondary qualifications management.
- Conduct and moderate assessment of TASC accredited senior secondary courses.
- Provide statements of qualifications, for example, the Tasmanian Certificate of Education (TCE).
- Collect and manage data on senior secondary, vocational education and training (VET) and higher education in Tasmania.
- Provide system level data to Australian and state authorities as required, and in accordance with AQTF and CRICOS requirements and national protocols for higher education.
- Recognise and register providers of non-university higher education and vocational education and training.
- Ensuring relevant Australian and Tasmanian standards for senior secondary education, VET and higher education are monitored and met.
- Ensuring links between qualifications for senior secondary education, VET, higher education and other education are developed or improved.
- Ensuring that throughout a person’s life as wide a range of qualifications as practicable can be obtained and recognised in senior secondary education, VET, higher education and other education.