The Office of Tasmanian Assessment, Standards and Certification (TASC) is governed by the Office of Tasmanian Assessment, Standards and Certification Act 2003.
The regulations made under the Act can be found here – Office of Tasmanian Assessment, Standards and Certification (Fees) Regulations 2013.
TASC is an independent statutory office responsible to the Tasmanian Minister for Education and Training.
Our day-to-day operations are managed by the Executive Officer.
Framework Advisory Council
The Framework Advisory Council is appointed by the Minister for Education and Training to advise the Minister and TASC in the development, review and implementation of the senior secondary accreditation framework. The accreditation framework sets the standards, assessment, processes and qualifications for senior secondary education in Tasmania.
Members of the Council bring educational expertise from the three education sectors, TasTAFE and the University of Tasmania and include:
- the Secretary of the Department of Education or his or her nominee
- one nominee from Tasmanian Catholic Education
- one nominee from Independent Schools Tasmania
- one nominee from TasTAFE
- one nominee from the University of Tasmania
- at least one but no more than four persons that the Minister considers appropriate to ensure a breadth of community representation
- the Executive Officer, TASC as a non-voting member
- an independent chairperson.