Five new senior secondary courses are accredited from 2022. Schools can begin to offer the courses for Year 11 and 12 students from 2022 onwards.
The courses, developed by Years 9-12 Learning as part of the Years 9-12 Project and accredited by TASC, are:
- Science (SCC15122): A new Level 1 course providing opportunities to harness learners’ curiosity, wonder and interest biology, Earth and space science, physics and chemistry.
- Transdisciplinary Science (TDS215122): A new Level 2 course providing a meaningful pathway for student’s interested in multiple science disciplines building on Australian Curriculum Science concepts and providing pathways to a range of current TASC Level 3 science courses.
- Engineering Design (EDN215122): A new Level 2 course replacing the previous Engineering Design Level 2 course, redesigned to develop critical and creative thinking and processes that lead to imaginative solutions.
- Civics and Citizenship (CVC115122): A new Level 1 course which focuses on the knowledge and skills needed to participate in Australia’s democratic system, and local and global communities.
- Enterprise at Work (EPW215112): A new Level 2 course that introduces learners to existing or new enterprises as they learn what it means to be an enterprising person and develop transferrable enterprise skills.
For more information:
- Teachers and Leaders can access Professional Learning to support implementation of these courses through Tas Ed Talks 2021.
- Support resources for the delivery of Year 11 and 12 courses and programs is available through the Years 11 & 12 website.
- Senior secondary course accreditation information is available at Course Accreditation on the TASC website.