Each year schools are required to report final internal ratings to TASC in Term 4. The reporting period is consistent each year, aligning with the written exam period and ensuring adequate time before the release of student results.
TASC uses the final internal ratings reported by course providers to generate qualifications that include awards such as Satisfactory Achievement (SA) or Exceptional Achievement (EA). TASC does this by applying the award requirement algorithms articulated in the relevant course document. The class teacher can predict the award for Level 1 and Level 2 course by similarly applying the algorithms.
Submitting internal ratings to TASC:
Schools are to ensure that the final internal ratings submitted to TASC are:
- an accurate reflection of a student’s achievement against the course criteria
- known and signed by the student
- submitted by the due date/s (see TASC key dates calendar)
- accurate and error free (schools should have quality control and data-entry control checks in place).
Internal ratings submission process:
- Determine each individual student’s final internal ratings for each criterion – Determining final ratings: General Information for Teachers
- Provide students with their final internal ratings (additional information below)
- Submit final internal ratings to TASC via TRACS or the sector-based reporting system, i.e., SARIS by the due date/s.
During this period schools will perform quality control checks. Two TRACS reports are available to run at this stage: Missing internal ratings report and the Rating Verification report.
Verifying submitting internal ratings:
TASC provides a verification period for schools to ensure that the uploaded internal ratings are error free. Any required corrections must be made before the end of the verification period. Additional information about the verification process can be found below.
Verification of internal ratings process:
- Run the TRACS’ Rating Verification reports from TRACS and distribute to individual class teachers. Teachers are to confirm that the ratings are accurate by signing and dating the document.
- Corrections to incorrect ratings must be made on both the Rating Verification report and in TRACS (or the sector-based reporting system, i.e., SARIS before the end of the verification period)
- Archive the Rating Verification Reports, including those annotated. Schools may need to access these reports at a later stage.
- Internal assessment webpage – contains a number of resources for teachers and schools related to internal assessment
- Determining final ratings: General Information for Teachers
- ‘How to enter internal rating into TRACS’ guide
- Department for Education, Children and Young People – Internal Ratings Verification Information Sheet
- Catholic and independent schools – Internal Ratings Verification Information Sheet
- Missing Internal Ratings report [TRACS > Reports > select report]
- Rating Verification report – all levels (Excel) [TRACS > Assessment > select report]
- Rating Verification report – p/1/2 (PDF) [TRACS > Assessment > select report]
- Rating Verification report – 3/4 (PDF) [TRACS > Assessment > select report]