Fitness Experiences is designed as an introductory course within the Sport group of courses of the HPE suite.
The learner will develop a variety of skills and knowledge through practical involvement in selected fitness activities.
Elements which are central to this course include:
- discussing and adhering to a structured personal fitness program
- developing general and exercise specific skills and techniques
- describing and using basic personal organisational skills
- communication and actions that contribute to building a fitness environment that is positive, inclusive and supportive
- exploring a range of motivating factors and opportunities for lifelong fitness
- setting and reflecting on personal goals related to fitness.
These elements help develop physical literacy and shape the way learners can develop the confidence and capacity to maintain lifelong positive involvement in fitness.