Outdoor Experiences is designed to foster the development of learner independence and self-sufficiency within the context of outdoor recreational activities
Through practical experiences in two or more outdoor recreation activities (typically containing an element of adventure) the learner will develop a variety of skills and knowledge.
The following elements are central to this course:
- personal development
- social and interpersonal development
- skills and technical knowledge
- the environment.
These elements shape the way in which learners:
- think about themselves and their experiences
- learn sustainable environmental practice
- learn to be effective members of a group
- communicate with others
- solve basic problems associated with outdoor activities
- understand and apply safe practice in an outdoor-based adventure environment.