Personal Care is part of the Health and Recreation group of courses within the wider HPE suite of course offerings.
This introductory course offers learners an opportunity to build skills and knowledge to help them manage and care for their own wellbeing.
By studying the course, learners will develop a set of personal and interpersonal skills which underpin positive personal care behaviours. This course is appropriate for learners across a wide range of attribute and ability levels.
The course comprises five (5) key areas of learning designed to provide a broad range of learning experiences aimed at developing life stage appropriate awareness and skills regarding personal health matters.
Concepts central to this course include:
- recognising and responding to personal health issues
- positive health skills and strategies
- exploring basic health and hygiene
- developing skills in appropriately communicating emotions and feelings
- awareness, access and sources of information and community support.
These concepts shape:
- informed decision making
- resilience and protective behaviours
- positive communication and relationships
- awareness of support mechanisms and information
- adoption of lifelong positive health attitudes and actions.