Unit 2 Composition
Learners are required to choreograph:
- a solo work (2-4 minutes duration)
- a group dance work (4-6 minutes duration)
The works will exhibit a diverse range of movement vocabulary.
Unit 3 Preparation and Performance
Learners are required to perform in:
- solo choreographed by self, and
- a group dance work choreographed by self or another learner
Unit 4 Analysis and Reflection
In written work, learners will use appropriate written conventions such as correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, essay structure, referencing.
Work Requirement A
Learners are required to produce a minimum of two reflective essays:
- on own choreographed solo, and
- on own choreographed group work.
Work Requirement B
Learners are required to:
- view a minimum of three professional dance works (live or recorded), and
- produce one (1) critical appraisal of two professional dance works
For further information see the current external assessment specifications and guidelines for this course available in the Supporting Documents below.
GENERAL WORK EXPECTATIONS
This course requires a class of learners to undertake and fulfill the role of a performer working as a member of a group, and individually. Individual learners must be aware that such roles involve expectations that they will:
- complete necessary tasks in preparation for rehearsals and performances (e.g. memorising choreography)
- take responsibility for ensuring that they know and understand rehearsal rosters and performance calls
- be punctual to all rehearsals and performances
- notify in advance of inability to attend.
USE OF A DANCE WORKBOOK
Learners will maintain a Dance Workbook.
The use of a Dance Workbook provides a framework through which learners can reflect and comment on personal dance experience, including peer evaluation of own work.
Learners will record personal planning, stimulus material and details of research for development of intent in composition.
They will record problem-solving strategies and development of skills in observing, recalling and articulating information about dance.
The Dance Workbook will be a useful resource when learners write their personal reflection folio.