If you are a provider of formal learning you can apply for formal qualifications to be recognised by TASC so they contribute towards the Tasmanian Certificate of Education.
It is important that all formal learning is either delivered via a structured program or has a formal assessment (such as an exam) that leads to a qualification.
To apply for recognition, you must:
- be the copyright holder of the program (or, if you are a licensed provider, you must show official evidence of the copyright holder’s endorsement of the application)
- issue a qualification recognising the completion of a course or the level of competency demonstrated
- deliver learning that meets the prerequisites:
- it has an educational aim appropriate for students in the senior secondary years of education in Tasmania
- it includes identifiable generic skills. For example, communication skills, group work, problem solving skills.
For more information please telephone (03) 6165 6000 or email the TASC Office – specifically the Quality Assurance Team at QualityAssurance@tasc.tas.gov.au – to discuss the criteria and application process.
Application for Recognition of the International Big Picture Learning Credential
An application for recognition of the International Big Picture Learning Credential (IBPLC) has been made by Big Picture Learning Australia Pty. The application has been assessed by a TASC Recognition Assessment Panel and their preliminary report on the application is available here.
Public comment on the application / report is invited up until Friday 21 May, 2021. Comments can be sent to QualityAssurance@tasc.tas.gov.au.