If you have already completed qualifications outside Australia, TASC can assess the equivalent level in respect to Australian standards against the Australian Qualifications Framework. TASC cannot assess subject equivalency. To have your qualifications assessed will need to apply to TASC using the Application for international qualification assessment form.
There is no cost for this service. However, you must be a permanent resident in Tasmania and hold Australian citizenship or a visa with work rights.
You must include the original and English translation of the documents below with your application:
- qualification such as your degree, diploma or certificate
- transcript of academic record or statement of results listing the subjects, units or courses completed as a requirement of achieving the qualification and the grade and credit points achieved (including the back of the transcript)
- your previous post-secondary qualifications
- evidence of change of name. For example, a marriage certificate
- evidence of your permanent Australian residence status, such as your Australian passport, or a valid visa*
*Please note: not all visas provide permanent residency (for example, a Working Holiday Visa does not). If you are unsure of your residency status, we recommend you check with the Department of Home Affairs.
Please note, TASC cannot assess:
- trade qualifications
- Australian qualifications
- qualifications of less than 1 year full-time study
- single subjects
- incomplete qualifications
- work experience
- membership of, or registration with, a professional body or industry association
- industry or professional licences, tickets or cards
- qualifications where professional licensing or registration requirements require assessment of overseas qualifications by an industry specific body (see ASRI for details of registration and licensing requirements). For example, doctors (all specialisations), allied health professionals, teachers, lawyers
- qualifications for the purpose of university entry
- English language skills.
TASC will contact you to schedule an interview or request more information if required. The assessment process may take up to 30 days.