TASC can assess overseas university and senior secondary qualifications. We compare them to the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) or Tasmanian Certificate of Education (TCE).
TASC does not assess subject equivalency for:
- university level qualifications
- senior secondary level qualifications.
To be eligible, you must:
- be an Australian citizen OR hold a valid Australian visa
- live in Tasmania.
Submit your application using the Overseas qualification comparison assessment form.
From 1 July 2023, TASC charges a fee for assessing overseas qualifications. The current fee is $53.40. You can pay this online as part of the application form or in person at the TASC office.
Please note, TASC cannot assess:
- trade qualifications
- Australian qualifications
- qualifications of less than one year full-time study
- single subjects
- incomplete qualifications
- work experience
- membership of, or registration with, a professional body or industry association
- industry or professional licences, tickets or cards
- qualifications where professional licensing or registration requirements require assessment of overseas qualifications by an industry specific body (see ASRI for details of registration and licensing requirements). For example, doctors (all specialisations), allied health professionals, teachers, lawyers
- qualifications for the purpose of university entry
- English language skills.
TASC will contact you to schedule an interview or request more information if required. The assessment process may take up to 30 days.