In site-visit audits, TASC representatives visit schools and colleges to view teaching and learning materials and hold face-to-face discussions about the evidence presented.
There are two types of site-visit audit:
- provider audits – these audits are usually held over a full day and involve the formal review of materials from four or more courses. While resource-intensive such audits assist in the identification of systemic patterns, and the use of school-level policies and procedures
- focused audits – these audits are usually held over a few hours and involve the formal review of materials from one or two courses. Such audits are useful for the checking of delivery and assessment of individual courses.
In 2024 the following courses have been selected for on-site focused audits:
- 2024 courses TBC
While the two types of site visit audits differ in the time they take and the number of courses involved, both are underpinned by TASC’s auditing principles and are:
- outcomes focused
- evidence based
- focus on continuous improvement
- fair, open and transparent.
Auditing Provider Standards and evidence
Depending on the nature of the audit, one or more of the following Standards for the Provision of TASC-Accredited Senior Secondary Courses will apply. Specific information about which Standards – and the required evidence – will be given as part of the audit notification communication from TASC.
- Standard 1: Course providers will ensure that all the knowledge, skills and experiences that comprise a course are delivered to students, and that all stated course requirements are met
- Standard 2: Course providers will ensure that individual students are exposed to the learning required by a course
- Standard 3: Course providers will ensure that assessment tools meet the requirements of the course and are valid, fair, and equitable
- Standard 4: Course providers will ensure that accurate assessment records are maintained
- Standard 5: Course providers will have effective and documented procedures to ensure comparability of the interpretation and application of course standards to the evidence of student work
- Standard 6: Course providers will have policies and procedures to ensure that any disputes regarding internal assessments are resolved prior to final reporting to TASC
- Standard 7: Course providers will ensure that students are given explicit learning regarding academic integrity
- Standard 8: Course providers will have policies and procedures to ensure that any disputes regarding a school’s refusal to endorse the academic integrity of externally assessed folios are resolved.
View the Audit Model Information Kit (PDF).