TASC has received, assessed and approved 106 course renewal applications for use in 2022 and beyond. Fifteen (15) of the course renewal applications, submitted to TASC by 9 to 12 Learning included minor amendments. Courses have been renewed for accreditation for various periods, aligned with the future course development process. For courses with minor amendments a brief comment noting the nature of the amendment is available below.
- Courses renewed without amendments – the accreditation period has been updated and is shown on Course document on the TASC website
- Courses renewed with minor amendments – the minor amendments will be updated on these course documents before the beginning of the 2022 school year. Please note the accreditation period for these courses has not been updated on the individual course page at this stage. These dates along with the amendments will be updated as soon as possible.
Five new senior secondary courses are accredited from 2022. Schools can begin to offer the courses for Year 11 and 12 students from 2022 onwards.
The courses, developed by Years 9-12 Learning as part of the Years 9-12 Project and accredited by TASC, are:
- Science (SCC15122): A new Level 1 course providing opportunities to harness learners’ curiosity, wonder and interest biology, Earth and space science, physics and chemistry.
- Transdisciplinary Science (TDS215122): A new Level 2 course providing a meaningful pathway for student’s interested in multiple science disciplines building on Australian Curriculum Science concepts and providing pathways to a range of current TASC Level 3 science courses.
- Engineering Design (EDN215122): A new Level 2 course replacing the previous Engineering Design Level 2 course, redesigned to develop critical and creative thinking and processes that lead to imaginative solutions.
- Civics and Citizenship (CVC115122): A new Level 1 course which focuses on the knowledge and skills needed to participate in Australia’s democratic system, and local and global communities.
- Enterprise at Work (EPW215112): A new Level 2 course that introduces learners to existing or new enterprises as they learn what it means to be an enterprising person and develop transferrable enterprise skills.
For more information:
- Teachers and Leaders can access Professional Learning to support implementation of these courses through Tas Ed Talks 2021.
- Support resources for the delivery of Year 11 and 12 courses and programs is available through the Years 9-12 website.
- Senior secondary course accreditation information is available at Course Accreditation on the TASC website.