Senior secondary courses accredited for 2024 delivery
Fifteen new contemporary and evolutions of previous courses have been accredited for first teaching in 2024.
The course documents for these courses are available on the links below and under the Learning Areas on the Courses page.
New contemporary courses for teaching in 2024:
|Course name||Level||Everyday Adult Standard*|
|Data Science and Digital Solutions (DSD315124) – replacing Information Systems and Digital Technologies (ITS315118)||Level 3||Use of Computers and the Internet|
|Digital Technologies (DGT215124)||Level 2||Use of Computers and the Internet|
|English Inquiry (ENT315124)||Level 3||Reading, Writing and Communication (in English) and |
Use of Computers and the Internet
|English Studio (ENS215124)||Level 2||Reading, Writing and Communication (in English)|
|English Studio (ENS315124) – replacing English Writing Level 3 (ENW315114)||Level 3||Reading, Writing and Communication (in English) and |
Use of Computers and the Internet
* Students must achieve an overall award of Satisfactory Achievement (or higher) in a relevant course to meet an Everyday Adult Standard.
Evolutions of previous courses for teaching in 2024:
The below table shows the newly accredited courses which are evolutions of previous courses and the courses which are being replaced and will no longer be available in 2024 onwards:
|Course being replaced|
(no longer offered)
|Newly accredited course name |
(to be delivered in 2024 onwards)
|Art Practice Level 2 (ART215117)||Contemporary Art Practice Level 2 (CAP215124)|
|Art Theory and Criticism Level 3 (ARA315116)||Contemporary Art Practice Level 3 (CAP315124)*|
|Biology Level 3 (BIO315116)||Biology Level 3 (BIO315124)|
|Dance Level 2 (DNC215120)||Dance Level 2 (DNC215124)|
|Dance Choreography and Performance Level 3 (DNC315120)||Dance Level 3 (DNC315124)*|
|Electronics – Foundation Level 2 (ELT215114)||Electronics and Advanced Technologies Level 2 (EAT215124)|
|Electronics Level 3 (ELT315114)||Electronics and Advanced Technologies Level 3 (EAT315124)|
|English Writing Level 3 (ENW315114)||English Studio Level 3 (ENS315124) (also see list above)|
|History and the Environment Level 2 (HAE215120)||History Level 2 (HIS215124)*|
|Information Systems and Digital Technologies |
Level 3 (ITS315118)
|Data Science and Digital Solutions Level 3* (DSD315124) (see list above)|
|Religion in Society Level 2 (RLP215120)||Studies of Religion Level 2 (REL215124)*|
|Studies of Religion Level 3 (REL315116)||Studies of Religion Level 3 (REL315124)*|
- * Students who achieve an overall award of Satisfactory Achievement (SA) or higher in these courses will meet the requirements for the TCE Everyday Adult Standard in Reading, Writing and Communication (in English).
- ‘Appendix 5 – Glossary’ is not visible for some courses. These will be added in Term 2 of this year.
- The external assessment specifications for the newly accredited Level 3 courses will be available in Term 2 of this year.
Courses renewed – continuity of provision:
All senior secondary courses that do not have an accredited replacement course and were expiring in 2023 and 2024 have been renewed. 84 courses are renewed without amendment and two courses are renewed with minor amendment. This ensures continuity of provision and supports schools to plan their curriculum offerings for the next two years.
See the list of Courses with accreditation renewed for 2024 and 2025 delivery.
- Support resources for the delivery of senior secondary courses and programs is available through the Years 9-12 website.
- Senior secondary course accreditation information is available at Course Accreditation on the TASC website, with the process for accreditation outlined in the Senior Secondary Accreditation Framework.